Linking Latin and English
Study the Latin language, elements of Roman culture, and derivatives from Latin that are used in today’s English. Over the course of eight afternoons together we will:
- build a Latin vocabulary and enrich our own English vocabularies
- read and translate Latin sentences and brief selections written by ancient authors
- learn about daily life in Ancient Rome and consider the culture’s influence on our lives today
- explore online resources for supplementing study of the Latin language
- develop study strategies (e.g., songs, visual aids) for learning Latin that can transfer to other learning environments and subject areas
✹Tuition covers all materials needed for study, a light snack each afternoon, and borrowing privileges for WCGL’s library.
✹Upon completing the course, participants will have a collection of resources developed for the course and will receive a detailed written profile of their progress.