During the regular school year, WCGL offers programs held on Saturday mornings from 9 – noon. These programs are designed to give participants an alternative to their traditional school experience. The topic or focuses of learning change with each session and are based upon many factors including teacher availability, likely weather conditions, and the experiences and interests of Center participants. There are typically three separate sessions during the school year: one in fall, winter, and spring. This programming is appropriate for children from ages 3½ through 11 years of age.
Saturdays, February 11, 18, and 25, and March 11, 18, and 25, 2017
9 a.m. until noon, ages 3½ – 11, at WCGL, 2315 W Good Hope Rd, Milwaukee
Join us at The Center for six Saturday mornings during which we will examine the overarching theme of elements. We will contemplate number systems, matter, and some of the finer details of language and speech. We will explore topics across many subject areas in ways that include creating demonstrations, making items, and testing some properties of matter.
The six sessions will include, but not be limited to:
- learning about components of ancient Greek and Roman technologies
– studying musical elements and composing with them
– examining and experiencing different types of outdoor games, weather permitting
– learning about and using the elements of color in various ways
– experimenting with chemical structures and creating representations of them
Information pertaining to enrollment is accessible on this website or by contacting WCGL by telephone. If a child is already enrolled, he/she may be registered for this program at any time by contacting WCGL.